Saturday, October 3, 2009

Practical Approach

I can't even remember when this semester had started; let alone getting to the halfway point. There really isn't a doubt in my mind of why I ended up here at Liberty. I think lately I have had diligence in learning, and not just learning for school, but for fun. There came a point this summer where I got so bored that, to keep from reaching insanity, I did a lot of research. Why I actually believed in Jesus; or even if I really did believe. Research on things like The Old and New Testament and their validity. Scientific approaches to why Jesus is real. I got tired and am still tired of the nominal approach at a Christian life; to believe things just because we are taught to believe. If I am going to stand for something, I don't want it to be just because it's the easy way out or a simple explanation for things. This year has been one for learning. I now know practical ways for answering subjects like why the Bible is a reliable source, about Noah's ark, about the validity in Jesus. The thing is, I would love for someone to come along and debate and make me think about matters as this. It is important that we understand what we are saying. If someone were to make a solid point, one which is contradicting and otherwise cannot be argued for my point...I should take it into consideration to understand new meanings and views. I have yet to find these views in life; every conversation or piece I try to find to contradict my views only seem to point me in the same directions. Seems if you really do search with your whole heart, you end up falling in love with your whole heart.

No comments: